Wednesday 4 September 2013

Blog 7

A.Blog entry – 05/07/2013  adding text to forms, adding links to buttons , adding links to images

B. Development work

Firstly I highlighted a layer that I wanted text on e.g. Videos form. I then found the text tool which would allow to add text boxes, I dragged a box which was at a suitable size, I used a font which made the form look appealing, also I choose the text to be blue to fit into the background. I made sure I ungrouped the form so that I could group the form again but with the new text that I just inserted. I also added links to buttons which would take the users to other external links by using the code library, I entered the correct code into the code layer I had to enter a web address and the instance name of the button. Once the coding was correct and the button was grouped into the form and converted into a symbol I tested the form by exporting the file and viewing the IMP, I went onto the websites form and clicked one of the external links buttons, It then opened the external website. I then added external links to images, I highlighted the main menu form and imported four images by clicking file, then import, import to library. Once the images were in the library I selected them and put them on the stage and more specifically the main menu form.  I converted them into a symbol and changed the drop down menu to button and then clicked finished so that the images were converted into buttons. I gave the new buttons relevant names and suitable instance names. I went to the code layer and using the code library document I entered code which had the images instance name and also the external link. I then tested the buttons by exporting the file and entering the viewing tool in adobe flash professional, I navigated the main menu form and clicked each link and they worked accordingly.

C. How the development work will fit into the brief

My client brief says that the |IMP should be interactive, by adding these skills it makes it easy to know what form you are on which makes the users experience easier. Also by adding external links to the forms this helps the user find important information that they might need, our aim is to help the user find out the right information and if the form doesn't have that information we can direct them to a website that does. overall I think the development work does fit into the client brief well as it contributes to making the whole IMP interactive and appealing.


D. Skills table reference number:   15, 16, 17






    No comments:

    Post a Comment