Wednesday 4 September 2013

Blog 12

A. Blog entry – 10/07/2013 - adding audio to stage on adobe flash professional

 B. Development work 


I had saved a audio file into my unit 11 IMP folder for adobe flash professional which I had obtained from the palmers student share, I had to copy and paste the audio file into my folder. I didn't change the name of the file as this was key because it had to go into my coding. I select file open, this took me to my documents I navigated to my IMP unit 11 folder and selected my front end form, I then this pressed open. This then opened the front end on adobe flash professional which was my current work, I selected the code layer which was at the bottom of the application and right clicked and then selected actions. I then put in this code:


var channel:SoundChannel
var snd:Sound = new Sound(new URLRequest("SubMenuMusic.mp3"));             
channel = snd.play(1000,3);//1000 ms after start of sound, 3 times

were the is speech marks I had to put the name of the audio file, so I put in "SubMenuMusic" this audio file was already saved into my unit 11 IMP folder. I then clicked off of the coding and tested the audio file by exporting the file and then viewing the whole IMP, I navigated to all of the main forms which includes games, videos , websites and gallery to make sure the audio was playing. Once I knew the audio played throughout all the forms I made sure I saved the front end form.


 C. How the development work will fit into the brief 

In my client brief in section H I said " I will add background music on the main menu" by doing this skill I have stuck to my client brief and made it more appealing to the user as they don't have to sit in silence whilst navigating through the IMP.
 


D. Skills table reference number  22

No comments:

Post a Comment